Wednesday, September 10, 2008

(continued..)

The flight wasn't that bad, but just long of course..we took Northwest airlines to Amsterdam (where everything was so expensive since the US dollar isn't worth much there), and then to KLM (a Dutch airlines) into Cape Town, South Africa. Nobody's luggage got lost, thank god, and we all arrived safely (thanks grandma for your prayers). I exchanged sixty US dollars into South African Rand, which gave me 423 rand (R423). Here the US dollar is worth A LOT! That part is good news. Reverend Vernon Rose, Ben Brown, and Dr. Guma were waiting patiently for us and took us to our house via two vans (there was a good amount of luggage between all of us). When we arrived at our house I was amazed - the house is so incredible! There are a million rooms (just about), a wide open kitchen with white cabinets and plenty of windows, a pool house and a pool (I'm really excited!!!), lounge rooms, and wood floors all downstairs. My room is almost all windows (so lots of sunlight which I love!) , but is also on the second floor and has curtains so don't worry mom. I have a huge closet, literally humongous, with PLENTY of space for the contents of my two suitcases and future South African purchases. So we got our keys (4 skeleton keys), had a brief house meeting, and then tried to fall asleep by 2am, even though we all wanted to get organized and rearrange things in our rooms.

No comments: