Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Settling In..

So here I am, as weird as it is to say, in Cape Town, South Africa. Each day has been filled with eye-opening scenery of mountains & beaches, luxurious & inexpensive restaurants, and sadly - a view into real poverty, seeing so many people live with the bare minimum or nothing at all. Since there is still no internet at our house (which now seems like a luxury), writing blogs has been limited to time at the internet cafe downtown or at Lisa-Marie's house (our professor). There are so many things to explain, and sorry if I'm a bit repetitive, but here goes:

I'll start in detail from day 1: there are 14 nursing students including myself on this trip. Carrie-Ellen, Nayomi, Katie, Olivia, Carolyn B., Carolyn M., Carolyn Z., Jess, Kristin, Kari, Briana, Ashley, & me! Our instructor is Lisa-Marie (for the 1st half of the semester), and our RA (resident assistant) is Ben Brown. Reverend Vernon Rose and Dr. Guma are from Cape Town, and have been showing us around, providing transportation thus far. We arrived pretty late at the airport in South Africa..by the time we got to our house on Loch Road it was almost 1am South African time (7 pm in the States).

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hey there missy! Can I please have your mailing address? You can e-mail it to me so the whole world can't see if it you want haha
Miss you!